THE HUGE BENEFITS OF TUITION ARE HARD TO ARGUE WITH, SOMETHING JAMES TURNER, CHIEF EXECUTIVE OF THE SUTTON TRUST, RECENTLY MADE REFERENCE TO IN HIS KEYNOTE SPEECH AT THE UK TUTORS’ ASSOCIATION.
Stated eloquently by Mr Turner (and which we see from hard-won experience), “even the smallest classes don’t give students the same benefits of tuition” – in progression, confidence and life-opportunities.
In fact, Mr Turner shared the incredible findings that one-on-one tuition boosts progression by five additional months. Five additional months! With one caveat: tuition providers must follow ‘best practice’ guidelines. Those of safeguarding, training and regulation.
We were extremely proud to have been featured on ITV news, as part of our non-negotiable commitment to high-quality, safe tuition. It’s at the forefront of everything we do. In an unregulated industry, this can never be a complacent value.
Signature Tuition Director and Tutor Sarah Gordon works with a student as part of an ITV news report on our commitment to safeguarding, supporting best practice in the profession.
WE’VE PUT TOGETHER A LIST OF OUR ‘NON-NEGOTIABLES’; TIPS HELPING YOU TO ENSURE THAT YOUR CHILD RECEIVES THE VERY BEST -AND SAFEST – TUITION!
1) Check out your tutor’s credentials. Private tuition is completely unregulated, which means it’s up to parents to request (this has got to be every parent’s non-negotiable) to see a current Enhanced DBS Certificate. This shows whether or not an adult is safe to work with your child.
2) Ask to see your child’s tutor’s safe-guarding policy.
3) Interview your tutor! Whilst we don’t recommend an Inquisition style of interrogation, we do advise that you get a flavour of the person you will trust to provide your child with what they need. Whilst it’s excellent that they have superb qualifications, it doesn’t always mean they’re the right fit. Chat to them. Find out how they get on with your child. If your child is happy, comfortable and feels part of the selection process (this is another thing we feel strongly about here at Signature Tuition), they are far more likely to succeed and achieve their goals!
4) Keep connected! We’re proud of the way we work with teachers in schools across the globe in order to support our tutees. By working together and collaborating, the bigger-picture comes together much more easily. And so do those results we all want!
5) Are they a member of the UK Tutors’ Association, the only professional membership body for tutoring and the wider supplementary education sector in the UK?
6) Want to make all this even easier? Use a Signature Tuition Tutor. For all of the above reasons!